Saturday, January 10, 2015

Days 6 and 7.

Day 6. Back to work. Eww.

Before you start thinking I have some sort of reason or order or science behind this project, let me assure you, I picked this quote today because I happened to find some tiny camels. I also found some tiny lions, so look for a quote about lions soon. I'm a big history fan, especially historic ladies, and this poem was about Cleopatra (based off of the word addict, which has a fascinating etymology.) Two books in particular peaked my interest in Cleopatra and ancient Egypt in general. (This is also why I have a serious hate on for the Roman Empire. Bunch a dicks.) Stacy Schiff's award-winning biography Cleopatra: A Life and the fictionalized account of her life by Margaret George, Memoirs of Cleopatra are both fantastic, woman-friendly reads.

You licked you pale, chapped lips.
"How does it feel?"
I opened my eyes.
"Like Egypt before it was looted."
Day 7. Still not phoning it in!

I have the sense of humor of a teenage boy. Thus, this collage. Meat clouds! Exotic beef! That is about all I can say about it, really.

I am hungry.
For steak.
Or maybe clouds.

-s.

No comments:

Post a Comment