Sunday, January 11, 2015

Day 8.

Day 8. 

I know I wasn't going to use any other author quotes, but I carried this goddamn coaster 100+ miles on my bike, from Key West to Key Largo, for this project. Last November I got into a 15-person passenger van with 5 friends, drove 22 hours to Key Largo, put the van in storage and spent 10 days riding and camping (and drinking and swimming) through the Florida Keys. It's pretty damn spectacular. Read about both trips here and here

I visited the Hemingway House and hung out with the six-toed cats. I got to see the spots where Hemingway wrote and drank. I also spent an afternoon day drinking at Sloppy Joe's, a favorite of his. I snagged this coaster and then managed to not get it wet, smash it, or lose it. I'm using it.


I drink to make other people more interesting. -Ernest Hemingway

Truer words were never spoken, Ernest.

-s.

No comments:

Post a Comment